Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Post #2 Form B

‘After looking carefully up and down, she put a finger in my hand, and I squeezed it until she flushed red and began to cry. "You must not hurt your sister," my wet nurse told me. She did not know that years later, as she had in those days of innocence, Elder Sister would beg me to be her torturer.’ (6)
This is a very clear foreshadowing of the dangers, trials, and tribulations to come. I get the feeling that Wu will become a very powerful woman very quickly, but the internal struggles she will face will slowly tear her apart. She will be caught in the middle, torn at the seams. At least, that’s my impression thus far. She is very inquisitive and that leads to her becoming much more aware of how much the world around her differs from the confined world she has been exposed to. This inquisitive nature of hers is bound to get her into trouble and troubles like that might have something to do with whatever will happen between her and her sister. But, that’s just my guess on everything.

No comments: